Franciscan Northside Ministries encompasses a wide range of services, legal counseling and community building efforts.
Poverello Health Clinic
Poverello Health Clinic provides free health services to those in need who have no other alternatives or financial resources for medical care.
Covid-19 Information for our Patients:
- Only patients (& translators) are allowed in Clinic.
Before you sign in, put on a mask and use Hand Sanitizer.
- The Triage Nurse will take your temperature.
- Please follow the seating guides and stay 6 feet apart from others.
- You might be asked to wait outside or in your car.
- Everyone will be seen in order.
- If you are ill with fever or breathing issues, we cannot see you. The Nurse will help you make a plan.
- As you leave, please use Hand Sanitizer again.
What services are offered?
- Free medical care to people without medical insurance
- Physical examinations for pre-employment and college/vocational schools are available by appointment only.
- Prescription Assistance
- Diabetic Teaching
- Dietary Counseling
- Social Service Counseling
- Hypertension Monitoring
- Diabetic and Hypertension Workshops and a Health Management Fair providing health assessment screening are held each year too.
If you are interested in donating medical supplies, please the phone number below.
Poverello Health Clinic Hours:
Wednesdays: 5:00-7:00pm Walk-ins Welcome
808 N. Salina Street
Syracuse, NY 13208
Tuesday: 2:00-4:00pm; Call 315-423-9961 to make an appointment.
Our Legal Clinic offers free legal assistance, advice, and referrals to those in need.
Currently being offered by phone only.